Thursday, July 23, 2015

Faith

I was able to talk to President Romney a lot this week about how I'm feeling about my dad and the accident. He offered a lot of kind words and advice, most of which had already been running through my head. He's a very genuine guy, which makes talking to him about this stuff much easier. He talked about how this trial was put in our lives for a reason, and that years from now my dad and I will be able to look back on it and see the blessings, that maybe this brought us together or even our entire family together. And this is already true. My dad has already pointed out to me how the whole family is becoming closer and more connected. I'm so grateful for his example, as someone who never dwells on the negative but is always looking toward the future with a hope in the better things to come. 
We got to hear Elder Ourth's conversion story this week, and let me tell ya, it's pretty powerful. Kinda like a mini Joseph Smith story. He just got baptized in May of 2014 and has such a strong testimony. 

Most days around here are pretty boring and routine, but when we are able to feel the spirit, it changes our attitudes for the rest of the day and makes it feel like a whole new day. On Sunday, Elder Morris and I were able to pass the sacrament and then teach the Sunday School lesson. We chose to teach on faith and it went really well. We got a lot of compliments afterward from our district about how good it was and that we will both be really good missionaries. Sundays are so great, with all the devotionals and meetings. We listened to the Quorum of the 12 Devotional after dinner and then went off to our district meetings. We talked about the devo, but didn't really have a lot of thoughts on it. So we just kinda starting sharing our testimonies of Priesthood power and I don't really remember what we were supposed to be talking about, but I felt really impressed to share with them my dad's story from the previous week and how I have been feeling. I got like halfway through and started to cry and lost it and then I was able to bear my testimony of Priesthood blessings and how although my dad's injury seemed to be worse than they thought and the blessing he received couldn't change that, I know that the blessings he receives by Priesthood holders will bless him in other ways that we have yet to see. I have faith in the Priesthood power and that no matter what happens, somehow the blessings he receives will manifest themselves in his life. My district is so supportive and understanding of how I feel and have been offering me a lot of support and have shown their concern for my dad. They're working on ways to let him know that they're praying for him and it's really awesome to know that they're so supportive. After the district meeting, Elder Morris gave me a really simple blessing for peace and comfort, and I know it is already working. I know that things happen for a reason.

We formed a choir in our district, singing "Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy" this Sunday. I stubbed my toe on a curb while we were playing ultimate frisbee and I'm pretty sure it's broken but I'm not gonna tell anybody hahaha. I was running after the frisbee and looking up into the sky and then I kicked and tripped over the curb and hurt my toe and it hurts so bad and I'm such a clutz. 

Somehow Hermano Eve found out about my dad and gave me a giant hug and all that stuff and became my favorite teacher all over again. He's so compassionate and caring and relatable. 

Anyways, that's basically all the exciting stuff from this week. My hair is growing back nicely, in case you didn't know that I got a buzz cut 2 weeks ago. I love you all and this is the true gospel on the earth. Christ lives and died for each and every one of our pains and sins and trials, and for that I am forever grateful. The mission is going well and I can't wait to be out in the field. 


Until next week, love Elder Nelson.


 My district in front of the temple.

 You can see the ocean from the temple.

Selfie!

No comments:

Post a Comment