Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas 2016 - Baptized Penelope!

Sooo this week was a little rough. We worked really hard to try and reach our goal of two baptisms, but in the end the second baptism ended up falling through and we only achieved one. But one is one!!

Penelope's baptism was super cool. It was really funny because we went with the ZLs to do the interview Saturday morning at Penelope's house and she was just super prepared. Like one of the smartest little girls I know. She went into the interview with Elder Ourth and he came out afterwards just smiling and was like blown away by Penelope and how much she knows about the gospel. Elder Ourth asked her why she wanted to be baptized and she said, "so that I can have the Holy Ghost", and then Ourth asked, "why do you want the Holy Ghost?" and she responded "so it's with me forever!" She's just such a cute and smart little girl!!!

Christmas in the mission just isn't the same... it's cool and all but it's just not the same at all. Especially when it doesn't get cold and there's no snow or even cold rain hahahaha. But I guess it was cool this year, we got to skype the fam and that was sweet! It's kinda awkward sometimes because it's like... what do I say hahaha. But I got to see some cousins and parts of the Nelson side of the family. All the cousins look like they're like 2x the size that they were when I left! We ate a lot of rice with these things that idk what they're called in English- arroz con gandules. Y nos dieron pernil (idk how to say that in English either) But whatever I just know that it was a lot of food so that was tight. We hung out with the neighbors quite a bit and played a lot of pool. I always ended up losing because I could never get the 8 ball in. I'm good up until the end hahahaha

Oh and transfers! I'm getting moved to San German, which is on the west side of the island. I'll be a Zone Leader and my comp will be Elder Corales (I think that's how you spell his name). Elder Colon is going to stay here in San Juan as District Leader and he'll be training a greenie! I'm gonna be a grandpa! So that's cool. It's sad to leave San Juan but I'm excited to have something new, and it'll probably be my last area before going home!

Hope everyone had a rad Christmas and was able to spend it with the family. I'm so glad to be a part of this gospel and His work. This is His church. He lives. He died for us and was resurrected so that we too can have the chance to live again. Thanks to Him, the promised blessings can be ours. 

Love you all!
Elder Nelson
Baptism pics with Penelope!  I baptized Penelope (age 9) on Christmas day!

 Elder Nelson and Penelope
Elder Colon, Penelope and me
opening presents on Christmas morning!
 me and Rafael Cuevas
 with Zadkiel (super cool 10 year old)
Elder Nelson and Elder Colon with President and Sister Boucher (23 Dec, Zone Christmas party)

More pictures from the San Juan Zone Christmas Party (Dec. 23, 2016)
 MTC group back together in the San Juan zone!
 w/ Elder Colon
 w/ Elder Gil
 w/ Elder Hanna
 w/ Elder Ourth


No comments:

Post a Comment