Monday, February 6, 2017

His work

Hey everyone!

This was a crazy week but it was actually pretty cool.

On Wednesday it was my birthday and it was awesome because we had MLC (Mission Leader Council) and got to be in air conditioning for most of the day and got to eat good food and stuff. But it was cool for me because we got home at 6pm after driving a crazy long drive and we had about an hour before we had to go to a meeting in the chapel. So we prayed and really thought about our options, about how to make this one hour as well-used as possible. We felt that we needed to go visit a 22 year old guy named Michael who says he's atheist. He's really cool and friendly but thinks that God won't respond to him because he didn't respond to him years ago when he asked if He was real. I'm not really sure how he felt in the lesson but it just really strengthened my testimony that I have a loving Heavenly Father that wants the best for us and wants us to reach our divine potential! He really truly loves us and gave us everything so that we can have a good life, and as we taught the lesson I just really realized that He lives, and sent His son to earth to pave the path for us to make it back to him!

Other cool experiences...
On an exchange in Isabela on Thursday I was out with Elder Thornton and we taught a lady and her son in their garage and we both thought "wow this is going to be a rough lesson here in the garage" but man! It was super cool! We basically taught the whole restoration of the gospel and talked about how they can be an eternal family and then out of nowhere the mom says "I like that... I was told a few months ago that in about a year I'll be completely blind... I already can't legally drive". And I was like wow that just changed my whole perspective. It's amazing what the Lord will do in our lives to help us get through the trials!

In sacrament meeting on Sunday it was really cool. Being fast and testimony meeting, sometimes it gets a little awkward at some points. But then the bishop asked some of the recent converts to share their testimonies and wow it just changed the atmosphere of the meeting. They all have such different testimonies but each one helped me to understand the power of prayer and how it really does help and change our lives. It's amazing what the gospel can do if we really put it into practice!!

So transfers snuck up on us really fast! Elder Corales is going to stay here in San German with me another transfer. This is going to be his 6th transfer in the area! But we're pumped and we know we have a lot of people we can baptize!

I know that this is His work and that this is His church. He guides it and if we allow him to, He will guide us! I know that He wants us to be happy, that families can be together forever through the authority that is in His restored church.

Love you all!
Elder Nelson
MLC (Mission Leader Council) on my birthday, 2-1-17
exchange last week with Elder Cook and Elder Valdez
the breakfast that Elder Corales made me on my birthday 
with the Sister Training Leaders from Mayaguez after MLC
With Pedro Juan!
with Elder Gil and Elder Corales

No comments:

Post a Comment