Monday, April 17, 2017

Nutty week and a bee sting!

This week was crazy!! Seriously it was a nutty week. Everything I didn't expect to happen, happened. Fasten your seat belts.

Monday was a normal Pday. Nothing too special. I don't even remember what we did. Seriously this whole week has been a big mess in my head.

Tuesday we went to Aguadilla for the District Meeting, which is like an hour from hour house. On the way home, IT STARTED TO POUR. But pour like flooding the streets. Like the water on the freeway was like a foot deep and the Boricuas were going crazy. We got back to San German late because nobody seems to like to drive in the rain... I feel like that's a skill that's only acquired in Oregon honestly. But we got back and we went and taught Natasha and had a solid lesson. Then we had to take off again to go to San Sebastian for a meeting with President Boucher and the stake president.

Wednesday we went out and did some service with a member in the morning. All was good until we had done about half an hour of work and we were moving branches and stuff that was in a pile next to where we needed to work to put up the fence we were making. And all of a sudden I heard a bee so I ignored it but it followed me everywhere I went. I lost my patience and started to wave my arms around trying to hit it and kill it or something... honestly Idk why I thought that was a good idea... because then I heard like tons of bees hahhhahahaa and they started to sting me!! The others that were there yelled "stand still and they won't do anything to you!" Hahahahaa that was a mistake. They were already super mad and they started to sting everyone and then all at once we went running and screaming up the hill to the house and ended up standing under a sprinkler trying to kill the bees with the water. It was a real rough hour there as we were fighting with all the bees trying to hit them all with water before they got to us and could sting us. One bee got me good right on the eyelid.

Later in the day we had a super cool lesson with a couple named Angel and Michelle. They're super awesome! We talked about the plan of salvation and they understood really well. We took Hermano Olmo with us and man the man knows his doctrine!! Like Herbert, sometimes he looks like he's falling asleep in the lessons, but then he hears something he likes and boom he pulls out his Book of Mormon and the thing is marked up and down and he just goes off explaining in a way that helps everybody understand better. Olmo is amazing.

Thursday I woke up and my eye was so swollen I couldn't open it. So I started taking Benadryl and icing the eye, at like 8:30 I was knocked out in the chair at my desk, hahaha, the Benadryl took full effect! The day was kinda rough but we did get to teach Herbert. He was super excited to be baptized in that lesson and we finally finished teaching everything that he needs to know!

Thursday night my eye was open and a little less swollen, but Friday morning I woke up and it was swollen shut again! So I just said alright I'm done, and we went to the hospital. Everyone just stared at me weird as I walked in hahahaha but they hooked me up to an IV and started pumping Benadryl and an anti-inflammatory into me. And man that was literally the best 3 hours of sleep I've had in a looooong time. It was awesome. It just knocked me out

Saturday Herbert had his baptismal interview. He passed! But he has some doubts about tithing because he literally doesn't have money to pay a full tithe like he wants to. So he didn't want to get baptized. But on Sunday he came to church with a white shirt and tie!! It was super cool to see him in church all dressed up. We're pretty confident that he'll be baptized this next weekend with Natasha. It'll be cool.

On Sunday... Wow Sunday was a mess. Church was really good! After church we ate with Nestor and then left for Trujillo Alto for a mission meeting. We got there on time and it was a super good meeting! The spirit was super strong. It was just a big testimony meeting about Christ and the Atonement. But on the way home... We were passing Caguas at like 8pm- already like 30 minutes from Trujillo Alto going home, when the Cabo Rojo sisters call us and say, "Hey guys we're lost" and so we're like alrighty where are you? And they were SUPER LOST and we had to turn around and go find them. It was a mess. We got home at 11:30 after finding them and leading them back to the west side of the island. Goodness gracious. But it was a fun adventure.

I know that my Savior lives. He loves me and suffered for all of my sins, so that I can be clean and return to live with my Heavenly Father someday. His love is infinite. He suffered, he was crucified, and he was resurrected on the third day. He lives and leads His church on the earth today. As a representative of Jesus Christ, I testify that He is our Lord and Savior. He lives and loves unconditionally!

Love you all!
Elder Nelson
con el ojo INCHA'O (I got stung on the eyelid, hahahahahaha)
Us with the Olmo's in La Parguera today!
La Parguera

No comments:

Post a Comment